The successful candidate will provide development and operational support of software application solutions for Varentec’s smart grid and power utility customers. In this role you will interface and support utility customers, develop software and applications for managing our application infrastructure, and deployment of new applications and application instances. You will be involved in design and development of software interfaces, gathering statistics, collecting and analyzing all relevant data. You will define and develop functionality, security, performance and reliability of the system. Design and develop interfaces to utility telecommunications networks as well as to the SCADA systems and other operations and support systems.
- A BS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering, Advanced degree preferred with multi-disciplinary skillset
- Minimum of 3 years experience in product development or R&D position in a networking solutions company
- Strong understanding of web application back end environments, databases, etc.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as (C++/ Java/Python etc.) on multiple computing platforms (such as Windows and Linux)
- Experience designing, deploying and managing large scale high availability enterprise systems
- Sound knowledge of relational databases (SQL) and experience with large SQL based systems
- Strong network fundamentals including the OSI model, TCP/IP, IPv4 and working knowledge of IPv6
- Knowledge and hands on experience with Encryption protocols and Security, such as IPSec, Public Key Cryptography, SSL/TLS, AES, NERC/NIST standards
- Experience in data analytics and optimization
- Expertise with Linux or other server operating systems
- Use of version control tools such as Git or Subversion
- Strong oral and written communication skills