Senior Lab Technician
Varentec is quickly becoming an industry leader in grid edge technologies for the electrical utility network. We’re looking to hire a passionate and experienced lab technician on a full-time basis to help the engineering team to conduct prototype and product testing, test fixture development, modify/re-work prototypes and assemblies, and assist engineers in accomplishing their day-to-day design and testing needs. The technician will be working closely with engineers and other staff members so must be able to communicate well and work well in a team environment.
Work under the direction of project engineer(s) to:
- Assemble electrical and electronic systems and prototypes according to engineering data and knowledge of electrical & mechanical principles.
- Modify/re-work prototypes, parts, assemblies, and systems to correct functional deviations or to meet specific electrical and/or mechanical requirements.
- Conduct root cause analyses on damaged/faulty systems.
- Set up and operate test equipment to evaluate performance of developmental parts, assemblies, or systems under simulated operating conditions, and record results.
- Collaborate with engineers and other personnel to identify, define, and solve problems.
- Build, calibrate, maintain, troubleshoot and repair instruments or testing equipment.
- Work as part of a collaborative team to balance workloads and ensure quality deliverables are produced on time
- Provide support to operations and other teams upon direct request from your manager.
Required Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of experience as a technician in a similar industry.
- Ability to read and create electrical circuit and one-line diagrams.
- Hands-on experience with building electrical and mechanical test fixtures.
- Ability to solder fine pitch ICs with SSOP and BGA packages.
- Experience using oscilloscope, meters, probes, and other basic lab equipment for making measurements.
- Experience working with and maintaining environmental chambers.
- Nice-to-Have: Experience writing python scripts
· Associate degree in electronics or equivalent two-year degree