The Project Manager plays a critical role in the success of Varentec’s growth in the electric utility space. Reporting to the Director of Project Management you will be a point person for managing the company’s project management and professional services portfolio.
To start, you will use your project management expertise to establish tools and processes for Varentec’s professional services projects – namely software deployment and integration, as well as product delivery.
As you progress you will assist with proposal and project plan development, joint project planning, and executive/customer facing reporting. You will also assist with customer support process development.
Ultimately you will grow to lead the planning and execution of multi-million dollar customer projects on your own – including measurement and validation projects to spur sales, and post-sale deployments both large and small.
The Project Manager is responsible for supporting customers in the electric utility space, as follows:
Project planning and management
- Establish tools and processes for managing professional services project teams
- Develop regular reporting on project status, project metrics, and contract/budget administration
- Assist with project planning and day-to-day management of deployment projects
- Establish relationships with key customer personnel and manage joint project activities
- Contribute to RFPs and project reports for both technical and executive stakeholders
Customer support & advocacy
- Monitor product functionality and develop customer-facing quality reports
- Coordinate technical support for field-issues and customer/channel-partner escalations
- Work with engineering and supply-chain to ensure service-related actions/logistics are promptly completed
- Provide installation training to customers (on-site and/or webinar) and some on-site support
- B.S./M.S in Engineering (Power systems knowledge preferred but not required)
- 5 years experience in field project management, professional services, or customer advocacy
- Demonstrated use of key project management/PMP principles
- Electric utility and/or wireless comms experience is preferred but not required.
· Availability to travel domestically as much as 25%
- Customer service skills and the ability to work with customer executives and engineers
- Structured approach – solves problems methodically and understands the need for processes
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills for both technical and executive audiences
- High proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Project, and Atlassian
- Comfort with wearing several hats including hard hats (figuratively in the office and literally on site-visits)