Job ID: AXQN9K
Position: Power Systems Research and Applications Engineer
Location: Santa Clara CA
Job Description: Perform simulation and data analysis of power systems with an emphasis on the electric distribution grid. Perform modeling and hands-on simulation of complex distribution systems with different types of assets such as line voltage regulators, load-tap changers, capacitor banks, cables, and overhead lines. Support customers and interface with them for technical support. Perform statistical data analysis utilizing disparate power systems data sources to generate insights. Develop use-cases using simulations and load flow studies of various future scenarios to support the marketing and sales teams. Create technical documentation, write reports, and prepare presentations.
REQUIREMENTS: Master’s degree or foreign degree equivalent in Electrical Engineering or related field and three (3) years of experience in the job offered or related role.
SKILLS: Experience/Education must include the following:
- Electric distribution grid – knowledge of multi-phase networks, overhead and underground distribution conductors, transformers, voltage regulation equipment, capacitor applications, faults, short circuit protection, voltage sags and momentary interruptions, power quality issues, and distributed generation;
- Utility landscape- utility software tools like Geographic Information System (GIS), Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA), practical knowledge of utility distribution feeders, types of voltage levels, conventional approaches for Volt-Var control and optimization, and challenges with distributed generation and solutions;
- Distribution Management System (DMS);
- Automated Metering Infrastructure (AMI);
- Data Analytics and statistics – Microsoft Excel, MATLAB, Tableau, knowledge of summary statistics, displaying data using plots and charts, distributions, or linear regression; and
- Load flow simulations – Synergi, Cyme, Milsoft Windmil, MATLAB Simpowersystem, PSCAD, or OpenDSS.
To apply, mail your resume to: Varentec, Inc., ATTN: Erica Cowell Cronin, 3200 Patrick Henry Drive, Santa Clara CA 95054 with reference to Job ID: AXQN9K. EOE.